In this post, Kevin Lamsback, a Staffing Consultant team member with Microsoft would like to provide you with a closer look at one of the exciting CSS (Customer Service & Support) organizations that he has had the privilege of supporting as a Staffing Consultant here at Microsoft. ECO; (as it’s commonly referred to) delivers online support such as Microsoft Answers, support.microsoft.com, and Knowledge Base articles to small, medium, and enterprise businesses, as well as partners and consumers. Through supportability efforts, ECO also drives improvements back into Microsoft products and services. ECO partners across Microsoft to improve the quality of the support experience, maximize the availability, discoverability and usability of online solution assets, and deliver a personalized and connected support experience, reducing customer effort and creating loyal customers.
Here are a few cool facts about ECO:
• ECO is Microsoft’s global online support team with more than 400 employees in 25 countries supporting 39 languages, with more than 2.4 billion customer interactions annually.
• Community and Online Support: Guides business strategy for CSS’ online support experience, and delivers on CSS’ content and community support initiatives.
• Engineering: Focused on customer online support experience, providing platforms, tools and services for creating, maintaining & delivering self-help solution assets and for enabling end-to-end support workflows.
• Product Quality (PQ): Responsible for understanding customers’ perception of quality of Microsoft’s products/cloud services, and improving it through close partnerships with Product Groups and Services.
• Strategy & Business Development: Focused on developing and evolving the ECO strategy and initiatives across Microsoft and our broad partner ecosystem to drive the customer and partner experience.
• CSS Architecture Team: Responsible for the ongoing assessment of business capabilities and the technical architecture needed to support the strategic goals of CSS.
How We Help Customers:
• We drive Product Quality initiatives by mitigating and eliminating top customer issues.
• We are the world’s most visited online support site with 2.4 billion customer interactions.
• We create workflow efficiencies that help our customers get the answers faster.
• Our customers harness the power and collective knowledge of the Microsoft Answers community in search of online support – more than 1 Billion interactions.
• Our Customer Assistance Portal (CAP) handles 100,000 service requests and 1.4 Million interactions every day.
Our ECO Team is always looking for talented professionals that span the Development, Test & PM spectrum. Our most common profiles here within ECO include; SDE (Software Development Engineer), SDET (Software Development Engineer, Test) & Program Management openings. Feel free to contact Kevin via http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5261983&trk=hb_tab_pro_top or visit our http://careers.microsoft.com/ for a closer look at what’s currently available.